Want to learn more about fostering?
Please attend our upcoming informational meeting:
Thursday, November 6, 2014 | 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
4545 Dodge St.
No RSVP necessary, just come chat with Meegan about the steps to becoming a foster parent.
Because childhood matters...
Become a foster parent
Will you consider opening your heart and home to a child who needs you?
All children need loving, nurturing role models--especially those who come into foster care. They need a safe, secure home that will shelter them from the trauma and pain they have had in their young lives. YOU can be that safe haven; YOU can change a vulnerable child's life.
As a foster parent...
You can make a significant difference in a child’s life.
You can form life-long relationships with those you help.
You can learn new things about yourself.
You can strengthen your parenting skills.
Your life will be changed FOREVER.
Creating a stable, loving and nurturing home for a foster child requires a strong desire to become a foster parent and to be influential in the life of a hurting child or teen. Foster parents are single or married; working, staying at home, or attending school; male or female; with biological children of their own or without.
Why partner with Child Saving Institute?
We offer one-on-one ongoing support including bi-weekly home visits by a Foster Care Specialist, ongoing educational opportunities and connections with experienced foster parents...a TEAM of people working together with you. Perhaps most important, you have access to an experienced, caring staff who are available to answer your phone calls any time of the day or night. We not only care about kids--we care about YOU and your success as a family.
To be a Child Saving Institute foster parent you must be:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a resident of Douglas or Sarpy County
- Be able to satisfy additional licensing requirements established by the State of Nebraska
- Participate in a 10-week Foster Parent training class at Child Saving Institute
- Provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment
- Agree to be the primary provider for the foster children in your care
- Provide housing, transportation, clothing, recreational activities and medical care for foster children in your care
- Serve as a member of the child’s treatment team
- Assist the child in setting and accomplishing goals
- Participate in home visits
- Keep notes and records documenting the child’s care and progress
For more information or to get started, contact us today!
If you’re interested in learning more about foster parenting and making a lasting difference in the life of a child, please contact Meegan at 402-964-2409 or email@example.com.
Throughout this process, Child Saving Institute staff will offer support, advice and encouragement. Once a child is placed in your home, your foster care specialist will work closely with you to make the placement a success.